New Product Development
- Category dominated by one major brand
- Company’s current entry into category was generic
- Company wanted to know if they should withdraw from category or enter fresh – and if so, how?
- Extentsive analysis of marketing trends, competitive segments and new product activity
- Focus groups and quantitative data used to assess category need gaps and profit potential
- A unique position was defined which preempted category leader
- Developed name, packaging and marketing plan