What is it?
- A tool to ensure excellence in insights acquisition, translation and infusion/commercialization
- Defines the marketing problem/opportunity, list the hypothesis and/or specific questions to be addressed
- Sizes the opportunity, provides context for the investment/risk, prioritization
- Identifies standards of action
- Specifies methodology prior to fielding research
- Specifies Action Standards before the findings are presented
- Serves as an abstract for planning / situation analysis and assist in infusion of knowledge/insights for new team members and cross fertilization
- Great solutions begin with the best possible problem definition
- Garner stakeholder agreement, manages expectations and helps ensure human capital and capital investments are aligned with enterprise goals
- Imposes a discipline on the spend and levels the extended staff (vendors), paves the way for consistency of methods, norms, etc.
- Provides a key-word, searchable brief for new team members, cross-functional knowledge sharing, situation analysis (reduces redundant investment)
- Provides a way to determine efficacy of our consumer insight investment dollars (at the end of the day, are we affecting decisions/ Converting knowledge into decisions that result in GROWTH)